Sunday 30 March 2014

Post 1 - the Intro

So - who am I, what is this blog about and what's the story behind the name?

On this blog you're likely to find ramblings about Bolton Wanderers, the Premier League, Toronto Raptors and the NBA.  If that's your bag - good to have you along, and if not - you're hopelessly lost!

So I'm Lee and I'm from Bolton, England, currently living in Haarlem, North Holland.  You'll find me either in Haarlem where I sleep, Amsterdam where I work, Bolton where my loved ones are or possibly on some form of transportation in between.

Bolton Wanderers is my hometown team and I had a season ticket for about half of my adult and youth life.  I started supporting the team in Division 4 and have enjoyed the heights of UEFA Cup football.  Haarlem Global Trotters as such is the Haarlem Bolton Wanderers Supporters Club.  As far as I know, it's a club of one - and would love to hear from other Lancashire expats out there.

My second passion in basketball.  For the last 6 years, since I started following the NBA again, my team has been the Toronto Raptors.  So the Haarlem Global Trotters is as much a play on the words of the famous exhibition basketball team that tour the worlds arenas as it is tying in Bolton Wanderers.

Check back soon, I don't plan on waiting long til my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment